How To Take Your Measurements For Clothing
- Shoulders: Start at the tip of one shoulder and measure in a circle all the way around to your other shoulder. Keep the measuring tape high up around your shoulders so it almost slips off. You may need to have someone help you take this measurement.
- Bust: Measure at the fullest part of the bust.
- Under-Bust: Measure around the rib cage right under the bust.
- Waist: Measure circumference at the narrowest part (natural waistline).
- High Hip: Measure the protruding point of your hip bones, approximately 3" below your natural waist.
- Low Hip (Hips): Measure the widest part of your hip, approximately 8" below your natural waist.
- Inseam: Measure the inside of your leg, from crotch to the top of your shoe. Or, measure a similar style of trouser/pants that you know fit you well.
- Sleeves: Measure from the center of the back of the neck, across the shoulder to the elbow and down to the wrist.
Leave a comment